Monday, May 9, 2011

God doesn't make junk...

The name of my blog came from the God Chisel video by the skit guys, based on on the following verse:


"For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."     -Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)


There are many lines in this video that challenged me to think about my life, when I saw it at Young Life. 


First, when we look in the mirror, we see ourselves, but God wants us to see Jesus. I'm scared to have people see me as Jesus. Although I have dedicated my life to ministry, the judgement the world passes on Christians can be so harsh. I fear rejection, and struggle to be different. By dedicating my life to Christ, I have lost many friends, but gained many more. My current friends heal the pain and remove my fear, challenging me to become a greater man of God. I am honored to have people in my life to keep from stumbling, and to take my journey with.


Second, You can not let God down because you were never holding Him up. He is holding you up. I often fear that when I fail God will be disappointed. It is so comforting to know no matter what I do God is always holding me up. While I work so hard to do all I can to honor God I know I will fail and need to fall into the open arms of my Father. This  is where the URL of my blog comes in. When the Prodigal's Son returned home, his father jumped off the porch and ran to hug him, shouting "Welcome Home". He clothed him with the best robes and killed the best animals for a feast. I find great comfort in knowing every time I fail my Father runs, embraces me with open arms, welcomes me home.


Third, God doesn't make junk; You are an Original Masterpiece. I am such a perfect masterpiece that God loves me so much He refuses to leave me where I am at. I don't know where God is taking me, but I know that whatever he has in-store is part of his master-plan. I am excited to be a masterpiece in the Master's plan, and am ready to go where God calls. I still fear my unknown future, but I find comfort knowing that I am an Original Masterpiece.


This blog is my way to tell others about God using me, His masterpiece, in His master-plan. I will continue to share stories, and lessons that I learn along the way. My prayer is that my lessons, and stories can help others see the Master's perfect plan, and that they can begin to themselves as an original masterpiece, because God doesn't make junk!

No comments:

Post a Comment